Accessibility Page Navigation
Style sheets must be enabled to view this page as it was intended.
For tortoise, terrapin and turtle care and conservation
Notes For Authors
- Papers for Testudo should either be the results of original work or an in-depth review of the literature, and must not be offered to any other publication.
- Authors should not assume a detailed knowledge of zoology or veterinary science in the readership, and technical terms should be explained when first used.
- Papers should be typed with double spacing between lines and wide margins. Scientific names of species should be in italic script or underlined.
- Measurements for scientific work should be metric rather than imperial, i.e. millimetres, grams, litres etc.
- References should include the author's name and initials, date of publication, full title of book, journal or article and an accurate volume and page reference; and with books, the publisher and town of publication. These details enable anyone interested to order material from libraries to read for themselves.
- Before preparing a paper, it is recommended that the form of presentation in the current issue of Testudo be taken as a guide, particularly in compiling the list of references.
- Contributions may be sent as Word files and should not exceed 3,000 words. Please do not use 'pdf' format.
- It is important not to embed illustrations of any kind into the text; these must be sent as separate 'jpg' or 'tif' files. Figure numbers of maps, photos and diagrams should be inserted into the text and captions provided. Digital image resolution must be at least 300 dpi. Photographs downloaded from the Internet are not suitable and digital maps must be of high resolution.
- If any material from other sources is used, copyright permission must be obtained from the publisher or original author for use in Testudo.
- Papers are peer-reviewed and acknowledgement of receipt does not guarentee publication.
- Submission deadline is 30th April each year. Please contact the editor Christine Tilley before sending material by e-mail.